Header Ads

Mob Attacks And Strips Nigerian In Gay Bashing Incident

The victim, identified only as Abraham, is believed to be between 20 and 22 and the attack happened in Port Harcourt on December 13.
Abraham met another young man at a pharmacy where went to collect drugs for his asthmatic mother. It is believed the man in question is the manager.
They became friends, chatting regularly on the phone.
“We were only chatting as good friends until he inquired about why I was so serious with him, and if I was in love with him,” Abraham said.
“I told him that I really liked him and that I felt like I was with a woman each time I was with him, so he invited me over so we could see to talk more. That was when I decided to go see him.
“I realized I was gay in 2008, while I was still in school, and ever since then I have found it really hard to stop,” Abraham confessed.
The pharmacy’s manager, speaking anonymously, admitted he had lured Abraham to his house.
“I knew this guy was a homosexual when he started calling me frequently and constantly wanting to meet me.
“I actually thought he was joking until when he came to my house, and asked that we have sex,” he said.
“That was when I excused myself to go to the bathroom to call my friends on the phone, who mobilized friends and neighbors,” the pharmacy’s manager added.
It is believed the pharmacy manager encouraged Abraham to strip naked and then seized his clothes before calling in the mob.
A mob then descended on the house armed with planks, slapping and beating Abraham while he was still naked.
The neighbors threatened to call the police but realised officers would likely not take him to court, despite homosexuality being a criminal offence.
The mob believed the police would demand bail cash from Abraham so they could corruptly pocket the money.
The pharmacist said they had called Abraham’s parents “so that we could inform them of the situation, so they can know what their child is doing.”
“We wouldn’t want to proceed with arresting him or anything of that nature, as the family is a good customer and they do not have money to get him out of the situation if the matter goes to the police, he said.
It is not clear if the mob stole anything from Abraham but this wasn’t the end of the nightmare for Abraham.
Reporters identified his family home where they met a woman in her 40s who confirmed she was Abraham’s mother.
She then told them that Abraham was no longer living there.
“When he came back with [his] father [from the incident], he just quietly went into the room and packed his things. I asked him where he was going to, but he said, ‘I do not know’.
“I think [his] father did not want him around again. His father has been crying since last night,” she said.
Abraham was subsequently found living rough in a market place.
“I am in a market, at the end of the day, I sleep there when the market is closed, I know God will help me out of this situation and change me,” he said.